SHAVUOT CHEESECAKE RECIPES | CHOCOLATE AMARETTO RICOTTA CHEESECAKE
In anticipation of Shavuot, it’s customary to eat dairy on the first day. To commemorate the two-loaf bread offering that was brought to the Temple, we eat two meals on Shavuot - the first a dairy meal and the second a traditional holiday meal with meat. Over time, it has become tradition to celebrate with Shavuot cheesecake recipes.
There are many Shavuot cheesecake recipes to choose from, especially in the age of Pinterest, however in this week’s blog we highlight a rich and creamy Chocolate Amaretto Ricotta Cheesecake. When it comes to Shavuot cheesecake recipes, this is one of our favorites. Inspired by classic ricotta-based Italian cheesecake recipes, the Chocolate Amaretto Ricotta Cheesecake is creamy, but lighter in texture than a traditional cream cheese-based cake. The decadence makes this cake perfect for Shavuot celebrations.
CHOCOLATE AMARETTO RICOTTA CHEESECAKE
By Miri Rotkovitz
Kosher Food Expert at About Food
For the Crust:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the Cheesecake:
- 15 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese, drained
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese (Substitute 8oz cream cheese blended with ¼ cup whipping cream if mascarpone isn’t available)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. amaretto liqueur (This can be picked up at a kosher liquor store or ½ teaspoon of almond extract can be substituted)
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chunks or chips
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 75 minutes
Cooling and Chilling Time: 6 hours and 45 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Lightly butter a 9-inch springform pan. In a small bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press the crumbs evenly into the bottom of the pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the ricotta, mascarpone and sugar until creamy. Sprinkle evenly with the cocoa powder and flour and continue to whisk until the mixture is smooth and lump free.Add the eggs, cream and amaretto. Mix with the whisk or a heavy spoon until all of the ingredients are combined evenly. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the cheese mixture into the prepared pan. Smooth the top with a spatula. Bake in the preheated oven for an hour to an hour and 15 minutes, or until the cake is set and lightly browned.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool in the pan on a wire rack for 30 to 45 minutes, or until the pan and cake are at room temperature. Run a sharp knife around the perimeter of the pan, cover with tin foil and transfer the cake, still in its pan, to the refrigerator to chill for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- When you are ready to serve the cake, unclip and remove the pan's side. Transfer the cake, still on the springform base, to a cake plate or serving platter. Garnish with berries if desired. Slice into small wedges and serve. Enjoy!
KOSHER SHAVUOT CHEESECAKE RECIPES
In preparing to cook kosher Shavuot cheesecake recipes, plan your shopping list accordingly. Livonia Glatt Market on Pico Blvd. in Los Angeles has the kosher ingredients necessary to complete your Shavuot cheesecake recipes for a delicious celebration with family and friends.
In addition to the ingredients for this and other Shavuot cheesecake recipes, Livonia also offers pre-made cheesecakes for those without the time or desire to bake their own. Visit our Beverly Hills-adjacent location on the corner of Pico and Livonia. We also offer online ordering and local delivery in Los Angeles to Beverly Hills, West Los Angeles, Pico, Olympic, Robertson, West LA, West Hollywood, Wilshire, Melrose, Century City, Beverlywood, Hancock Park, Chevoit Hills and other local areas within a 3 mile radius.
Celebrate Shavuot with decadent and light cheesecake recipes and kosher groceries from Livonia Glatt Market.